Monday, July 23, 2012

Oh Hey! I'm Still Alive - Weekend Update

So the past 2 weeks have been a blur for me. I have been moving a mile a minute, trying to get some goals in place for myself and getting ready for this weekend coming up. GIRLS TRIP-HOLLA! Because I have been so busy, I have been a little neglectful of le blog but trust I am on top of it!


As far as the weekend, there is not much to update you on. For the past 2 weekends I have been laying low. Like real low. Like in movie theaters, in my bed, in the gym type of low. Trying to rest, relax and get myself ready for the next few months.

First thing thing taking up my time is this series:
I am not much of a reader as in I don't. And I really really want to be a reader, so I decided that I am making myself read 1 hour every night. I already saw the first movie of the Hunger Games so I thought this would be a good place to start. The first book {because I saw the movie} was a pretty easy & quick read. Now that I am into the second book I can't keep my nose out of it. I really hope once I am done with this series that I can find another book that keeps my interest up! (Any suggestions?)

Another kinda big deal to me that I am working on is training for the San Antonio Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon. It was my goal at the beginning of the year to make this a top priority. So far I have done a few smaller races:
Dallas Hot Chocolate 5k - February 11, 2012

Firefly Run 5k - March 31, 2012

Warrior Dash 3.24 hellish miles - April 21, 2012

WISH ME LUCK!

I did also see this bad boy:
{via}
I will say, I think the past Batman Movies have been alright. Really great action packed movies. I enjoy them for the most part. But this one blew.my.mind. It was so good! I recommend it.
Side note: My cute mother told me not to go see it because of the shootings in Colorado (so sad by the way!) but I had already purchased my ticket for Saturday morning. She was a little relieved to know it was during the day time, but still had me call her before the movie and also after. Gotta love her :)

Now I have to somehow figure out how to hold my excitement until Wednesday at 5 PM. That's right, it's a 3-day work week for me then I am off to the hill country with some of my favorite girls to sip some wine, sun bathe and take lots of pictures :) WAHOO!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, taking up reading! I have ALWAYS been a reader (probably why I chose to get my BA in English), so I know how reading can suck you in. I haven't read the hunger games, but I have read the Harry Potter series 4X, I love John Grisham, and Jodi Picoult is my go-to for feel good. I hope that you have a blast on your trip, and can't wait for the recap!!

    ReplyDelete