Friday, August 24, 2012

Lets play a little game I like to call "Catch Up!"

So I have been totally MIA recently. But ya tend to get busy when you are out for a week and everything gets put on hold. 

As in MY LIFE!

So as I traveled all last week for work, there was a lot to come back to. Lots of loose ends to pick back up on and then there is the whole getting back into my daily routine. Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favorite things to do when I get the chance to stay in beautiful hotels for free, but I am a little OCD so I was happy to come back to my daily routine.

So lets play catch up shall we! Because I know you all really care what happens in my life, ha!

Since you have last seen heard from me I have.....

1) Work Travel
Stayed in 5 different hotels, 25+ hotel tours, probably walked a million 20+ miles over 5 days. Flats were on fo sho.

2) Cleared out my closet.
Story for another day, but it's all gone. Like 85% put in a trash bag :( But the goodbyes needed to happen

3) The rents came in town
This made my heart happy. I sure did miss them a whole lot. Me and mama went shopping. Little did we know it was tax free weekend which was kinda a buzz kill considering we were not excited to hustle through a bunch of crazy mama's and their back to school clothes shopping kiddos. But luckily it was not as bad as we thought it would be. We researched store hours to make it out early and it worked out great.
Doll Hairs Saved between no tax, coups & discounts: $400+
LIKE WOAH.
They were really good deals people, plus I really didn't have many clothes left after the above number 2 happened, so it was necessary :)

4) Played TopGolf
Ever since I introduced my parents to this place, this is a staple for things to do whilst in the Big-D. We even had some friends join us and it was a blast! In addition you will see below the fried chicken & waffles with jalapeno gravy & syrup we just had to tried. I just about died when I took a bite. Amazeballs.
The night may or may not have ended by my mother demanding ice cream...Late night Wally World stop had to be made!

5) Attended Dallas' Restaurant Week
Here's the scoop: You get a 3 course meal at restaurants you wouldn't normally be able to afford for $35!
It was amazing. We dined at Chamberlain's Steak & Chop House. Here were my menu options and that shizzz did not disappoint!
Drink: Bubbles & Pearls - Pearl Pomegranate Vodka, Champagne & a splash of Pomegranate Juice
1st Course: Strube Ranch Kobe Beef and Texas Jalapeno Cheddar Empanada w/ Roasted Chili Salsa
2nd Course: Gruyere Crusted Pork Chop w/ Shiner Bock Red Eye Gravy and Spicy Sweet Potato Mashed Potatoes
Dessert: Chocolate And Peanut Butter Turnover w/ Marshmallow Cream
It was all soooo amazing, as I am a picky eater, I could not have asked for a better selection & amazing food. And I didn't have to modify ANYTHING. That never happens :)

6) Broke the sunnies
Sad day.

Anyways, now you know why I have been so busy. But I am back people. No need to worry!
Hope you have a great weekend
 Toodles ;)

7 comments:

  1. Food looks yummy!
    Too bad for your sunnies =( Boo


    TTYL


    Brooke
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely busy! That is a lotta' dang hotel tours, lol!!! Hope you have some downtime coming up! And booo for breaking sunglasses, I just broke mine last month and have yet to replace them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are finally getting a Top Golf down here near Houston (Katy to be exact) and I am so excited! I've never been but my family in Dallas has told me all about it. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Restaurant Week sounds AMAZING! We have one here but I've never been.. lame. I always wanted to try Top Golf when I lived in Dallas last summer but I never did! Hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were here last summer? We could have totally been friends :( I just told Janna how jealous I am that yall get to be friends & have lunch!

      Delete
  5. I wish we had a restaurant week here. That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get giddy over restaurant week! Yay for cleaning out your closet too. I've been doing that to mine, but I have an entire closet room, so it doesn't even look like I've made a dent!

    ReplyDelete